- Camera firmware with OTA upgrade capability
- The latest AKASO GO application is installed
- Functioning memory in the camera (micro SD card)
- Sufficient free memory in the cell phone
Please read this note carefully before upgrading:
- AKASO GO App should be confirmed to be the latest version.
- Please be careful to use a high-speed card with a U3 rating to avoid failure of the upgrade due to low card speed (if the camera can record normally, it proves that the SD card is qualified).
- Keep the camera with more than 60% battery power.
- Please set the camera auto shutdown and screen hibernation option to "Never" to avoid the upgrade failing due to the camera shutting down automatically during the upgrade process.
- Please upgrade in a good network environment to avoid downloading the upgrade package for a long time, which may lead to upgrade failure.
- Please do not exit the current interface or disconnect from the network during the process of downloading the OTA firmware package and upgrading firmware.
- Please do not operate the camera during the upgrade process, including inserting and removing the SD card, switching on and off the camera, and other operations.
Upgrade procedure (Take Brave 8 for example):
Tip: For the current firmware version please refer to the user's actual firmware version, due to the continuous optimization of customer experience, upgrading the OTA version please refer to the actual upgraded version, App version please keep the latest version.
Upgrade Model: Brave 8
Step 1: Turn on the camera WIFI and connect to the AKASO GO app.
Step 2: Click "System Settings" in the upper right corner of the APP camera preview interface to enter the system settings interface.
Step 3: In the system settings interface, click "Firmware Update" to enter the download page.
Step 4: On the firmware update page, check the version number you need to upgrade, and then click "Download".
Step 5: The app pops up the "Connect to the Internet" prompt box, click "Switch Network" in the prompt box to pop up the network settings pop-up box.
Step 6: In the pop-up box, switch to other available Internet WiFi (e.g. home Internet WiFi), and then click "Finish".
Note: If your phone has been turned on 4G or 5G network, you don't need to switch the network to download automatically, skip steps 5 and step 6 directly.
Step 7: The app starts to download OTA firmware automatically, please keep the network good until the download is complete.
Step 8: After the download is complete, a pop-up box will appear automatically to connect to the device's WiFi, click "Join".
Step 9: After connecting the camera to WiFi, the app will display "Please wait", the camera is in the upgrade process, and the blue indicator light will be on for a long time and then blink during the upgrade process.
This process will take about 1 minute, please wait patiently.
Step 10: The App shows that the upgrade is successful, the blue light stops blinking and the camera is turned off, the OTA upgrade is successful.
Open the camera in the "Preferences - General Settings - About" to reduce the camera firmware version is upgraded to the latest version.